Meals for Seniors: Planning and Prep to Boost Your Health in Miami
Proper nutrition and healthy eating are important for everybody, but for seniors, eating well can make a huge difference in their physical health and well-being. If a senior is not eating enough or not eating healthy foods, it can lead to serious health issues. The problem is that some seniors may find it difficult to prepare healthy meals, as physical and mental conditions can prevent them from doing so.
Meal planning and preparation for the elderly is one of the many in-home senior care services provided by the professionals at Advancare. When preparing meals for seniors, certain requirements must be met, and every person has different dietary needs. Here is what you should consider when considering hiring a senior meal planning service.
What Do Elderly Need in Their Diet?
As people age, their bodies start to have different needs. These nutrients are especially important for seniors.
- Calcium and vitamin D: These vitamins help to maintain bone health. Sources include dark green vegetables, canned fish, and plant-based beverages.
- Vitamin B12: Some older adults may not be able to absorb enough vitamin B12, which is found in fortified cereals, lean meat, and some fish and seafood.
- Potassium: Consuming the right amount of potassium may lower a senior’s risk of high blood pressure.
Our Caregivers Provide Meal Prep and Planning Services in the Comfort of Your Home in Miami
One of the many in-home senior care services provided by Advancare is meal planning and preparation. We will take the time to get to know your senior and their individual nutritional needs in order to prepare them healthy meals. Our services are highly customizable, so whether your senior needs meals just a couple of times per week or every day, we can work with you.
Why Trust Us for Senior Meal Planning
Why should you trust the professional caregivers at Advancare to prepare meals for your senior?
- Experience: All of our caregivers are industry professionals who are personally screened and fully bonded. They receive continuing education that is exclusive to Advancare.
- Focus on nutrition
- Taste Matters: We want to focus on making the most of every meal
When planning and preparing meals for your senior, our caregivers will take the following into careful consideration:
- Dietary restrictions, allergies, etc
- Genetic factors that may affect health
- Doctor recommendations
Nutritional goals will vary based on the individual senior, but most people aim for the following:
- Losing weight
- Gaining muscle
- Maintaining their current good health
When you work with Advancare for our meal planning and preparation services, our process is as follows:
- We plan and consult your dietitian and follow doctor recommendations
- We shop for quality and fresh ingredients
- We help make and prep the food
Get in Touch to Get Started with a Meal Planner in Miami
If you are ready to take your senior’s nutrition to the next level and simplify their meal planning, contact Advancare today at 305-441-9794.