For many Coral Gables seniors, living independently is something that is not easily given up. However, as people age, the physical and mental decline can make it difficult to perform everyday tasks that once were normal, such as cooking, cleaning, and driving. The burden to perform these tasks often falls on family members, who are often overworked and overwhelmed as is and simply cannot find the time to take care of an aging family member multiple times per week.
Here at Advancare, we provide home care services for seniors in Coral Gables and beyond. We take pride in the fact that we are independently owned and operated and have a team of highly qualified care professionals. Here is how we can help your Coral Gables senior.
Home Care Services We Provide in Coral Gables
The caregiving services provided by our compassionate caregivers are highly customizable and are based on the needs of your senior. That said, these are some of the most common services that we offer:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Alzheimer’s and dementia are common afflictions for Coral Gables seniors. Our dementia care services include home organization, playing mind-stimulating games, companionship, and much more.
- Incidental Transportation: Even though homebound seniors cannot drive, they still have obligations they need to get to. These include social obligations, family obligations, shopping, and doctor’s appointments. Our caregivers provide rides as part of our incidental transportation service.
- Caring Companionship: As dedicated caregivers, we provide seniors with loving companionship that includes playing games, engaging in conversation, and reading.
- Light Housekeeping: For some older adults, cleaning the house can be difficult due to physical and mental limitations. Light housekeeping includes things like dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, and making the bed.
Common Problems Seniors Face
These are some of the biggest challenges faced by Coral Gables seniors. Our caregivers can address these.
- Ageism and a lost sense of purpose
- Physical difficulties and lack of mobility
- Financial insecurity
- Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Difficulty bathing and grooming
- Difficulty eating healthy foods
How Seniors Benefit From Home Care
Home care is the preferred option for most Coral Gables seniors. There are many benefits to working with a home care professional.
- Remaining independent
- The comforts of home
- Keeps them connected to loved ones
- Support family members for treatment
- Lower cost compared to skilled nursing care
- Keeping morale high
How to Choose a Caregiver for Your Loved One
When choosing an in-home senior caregiver, you’ll likely have a few options in Coral Gables. When it comes down to it, you will want to ensure that your senior caregiver is:
- Licensed and bonded
- Receive continuing education
The caregivers here at Advancare have all of these attributes and more.
Get in Touch
If you would like to schedule a consultation with our team of senior caregivers, you can simply give us a call at 305-441-9794 today.