One of the most common home care services seniors seek is housekeeping assistance. This is due to reduced activity levels and energy. They may not be able to keep up with daily cleaning, tidying, and other housekeeping roles. That’s why Advancare recommends seeking caregiving services to help with housekeeping and other duties.
Our professionally trained caregivers can provide you with the comfort and peace of mind you need to live a normal, productive, and fulfilled life. If you are looking to learn more about light housekeeping services in Miami-Dade, you’re in the right place. This short guide explains everything about light housekeeping.
What Is Light Housekeeping?
Light housekeeping is the physical help a caregiver or family member can give to a senior to help keep their home clean and comfortable. These are light duties like cleaning dishes, doing the laundry, dusting, and preparing meals.
That means you will need to hire someone else to take on energy-consuming projects like scrubbing the floors and patio. Caregivers can also help you carry heavier boxes and place them where you want during de-cluttering. It’s a great option to keep your home clean, tidy, and clutter-free every day.
What Tasks Does Light Housekeeping Include?
Some of the light housekeeping tasks that caregivers can help with include:
- Wiping counters
- Cleaning the bathroom
- Doing laundry and ironing
- Changing linens
- Preparing meals
Tips for Finding a Good Housekeeper for the Elderly
Here are a few tips you can utilize to get the right housekeeper for your home care needs.
- Assess your needs: Determine which housekeeping duties you need help with. The housekeeper should understand what you want to achieve and how you like things done.
- Create a budget: A budget allows you to seek and pay only for services you need. It also helps prevent overspending or hiring multiple housekeepers.
- Ask for referrals: You can ask your children or friends for recommendations about good housekeepers. If you have friends who already have caregivers, they can help pinpoint the right individuals or companies for you to choose. If you live in Miami, you don’t have to go far into your search, as Advancare can provide quality housekeeping services.
- Ask questions: Once you have a few names, check their websites and call to know about their services. Ask questions related to your needs, including the working hours and the number of duties.
Benefits of Light Housekeeping
Living in a clean and safe environment is essential for any senior adult. Excellent housekeeping can help prevent disease and harmful bacteria from developing. A clean house also gives loved ones peace of mind, knowing that their senior loved one is in safe hands. Other benefits include:
Allergies are not the best thing when you live alone with no one to help with household duties. If you’re allergic to dust, you may want to regularly have someone dust your home to keep dust, mold, and any bacteria that can affect your health under control.
Prevents Falls and Other Related Accidents
Areas like the bathroom can be hazardous if not cleaned well as they can cause falls in senior adults. The wet floor or walls can become slimy over time, leading to falls.
Enhances Aging in Place
Staying in a dirty house every day can be psychologically disturbing. Light housekeeping duties such as vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom and dishes can go a long way towards making you comfortable in your own home.
Let Us Help You
Are you living independently and requiring light housekeeping services near Miami-Dade? Advancare is the option for you. Call us at (305) 441-9794 to get in touch with our experienced caregivers and light housekeepers.Tags: FL, Light Housekeeping Services for Seniors, Seniors in Miami, Services for Seniors in Miami