When people grow older, they often need assistance with completing everyday tasks that they once took for granted. Due to physical and mental limitations that go along with aging, many Miami seniors choose to either enter a nursing home or an assisted living facility. However, there is yet another alternative: in-home senior care.
Here at Advancare, we are a greater Miami-Dade area in-home senior care company with a team of skilled caregivers who provide compassionate in-home care. We understand that many people focus on the assisted living vs nursing home debate and forget that in-home care is also a great option. Here is why many seniors opt for in-home care.
What are the Alternatives to Assisted Living in FL?
While assisted living is right for some seniors, many others seek out alternatives to assisted living. Nursing homes are a popular alternative, but they often come with significant cost barriers, forcing families to seek out alternatives to nursing homes for dementia patients.
A popular alternative to both assisted living and nursing homes is in-home care. The type of in-home senior care provided by Advancare involves a caregiver visiting a senior in their home to assist with tasks such as bathing, grooming, paying bills, and light housekeeping.
When deciding the best route for your senior to take, there are many considerations to weigh. Here are some of the biggest ones:
- Medical needs: Make a list of everything your senior needs help with on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. If this includes hefty medical needs and nursing assistance, assisted living or a nursing home may be better options.
- Mobility: If your senior is still mobile enough to safely walk around their home, in-home care can be a great solution for tasks that have become too difficult with age.
- ADL’s: Also known as activities of daily living, ADLs include things like eating, bathing, getting dressed, toileting, mobility, and continence. An in-home caregiver can help with all of these.
Benefits of Aging at Home in FL
Compared to moving to a nursing home or special care facility, aging at home has many benefits. Many seniors find it difficult to give up their daily routine and move into a completely new home. These are some of the largest benefits of aging at home.
- No disruptions in changing living space
- Freedom to choose meals and drinks
- Flexible schedule
- You choose who can visit and when
Find Home Care Services Right For Your Loved One in FL
Finding a trustworthy in-home care service for your senior can be difficult. Here at Advancare, our team of certified, heavily screened caregivers provides a variety of services to seniors all over the greater Miami-Dade area. These include assistance with bill paying, dementia care, medication reminders, running errands, and much more.
Our in-home services are highly customizable to fit the needs of your senior. Contact us at 305-441-9794 for more information.