When it comes to finding care for your senior in Miami, you’ll likely find four different options, family members, independent caregivers, professional caregivers, and private caregivers. If you are new to senior care in Miami, you are likely wondering what the differences are between these types of caregivers. Though all caregivers wish to improve the quality of life of seniors, their methods of doing so often differ.
Here at Advancare, our professional Miami senior caregivers aim to provide a variety of in-home care services to seniors all over the Miami area. Here is an overview of the types of senior caregivers that you’ll encounter.
One of the most common senior caregivers is a member of the senior’s family. These caregivers are non-paid but provide emotional, financial, nursing, social, homemaking, or other services on a daily or weekly basis. The disadvantage of this is that it is a time-consuming and difficult job for a family member to complete.
Senior care professionals who do not work for an agency are often called independent caregivers. They are employed directly by the family of the senior. The downside with independent caregivers is that because they were not vetted by an agency, the quality can be questionable.
Private duty caregivers provide a broad range of services, including medical, nursing, bill paying, and transportation.
The caregivers employed by Advancare are classified as professional because they were carefully selected, certified, and screened. All of our caregivers receive continuing education that is exclusive to Advancare because as the senior population grows, our senior caregivers must continue to be educated in the evolving needs of the population.
Types of Care Plan Your Loved One Needs
The types of assistance and care that a homebound senior requires can greatly vary from person to person. Here are some of the most common types of care that we provide:
- In-home care: All the services provided by Advancare would fall under the larger category of in-home care. In-home care is the perfect solution for individuals who wish to age in place, but, because of illness or chronic conditions, need support to remain at home safely.
- Live-in care: For seniors with more severe conditions, live-in care is necessary. Live-in caregivers will live with the senior, assisting them with tasks daily.
- Overnight care: Some seniors have difficulty with waking up during the night, due to dementia or other conditions. Overnight caregivers will ensure that the senior is safe in their home at night.
- Dementia care: Another service that Advancare provides, dementia care can include grooming assistance, eating assistance, and medication reminders.
- Alzheimer’s care: Alzheimer’s is a memory condition that affects thousands of Miami seniors. Our caregivers are trained to assist seniors who have Alzheimer’s.
- Respite care
- Parkinson’s care
- Convalescence care
Contact a Caregiver in the Miami Metro Area
No matter what type of in-home care your senior requires, our professional caregivers can assist. Contact Advancare at 305-441-9794.